Printed from: www.grandmotherskitchen.net
1 medium size or 1/2 a large sweet onion (Walla Walla works nicely)
1/4 cup grapeseed or olive oil
1/4 cup organic apple cider vinegar
2 long English cucumbers
20-30 cherry tomatoes or 1-2 large tomatoes (any tomato works fine for the recipe)
1 Tablespoon dried oregano flakes (or to taste)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
For a beautiful presentation of colors on this appealing salad, we like to use a shallow glass dish like a glass pie plate or bowl to prepare and serve the salad.
1. Slice the onion into thin slices and line the bottom of the dish.
2. Add a bit of salt and cracked pepper and drizzle on approximately 2 tablespoons of oil and stir in to coat the onions. Slice the cucumbers into thin slices.
3. Place a layer of cucumbers over the onions. Gently mix the onions and cucumber together.
4. Sprinkle on a teaspoonful of oregano. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
5. Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and mix gently with a spatula to combine flavors.
6. Slice the tomatoes and the second cucumber and create a couple more layers of tomatoes and cucumber.
7. Drizzle another 3 teaspoons (or cap-fuls) of the apple cider vinegar and 1-2 tablespoons of oil.
8. Sprinkle on a little more freshly ground pepper, salt and oregano flakes. Let sit on the counter 15 minutes before serving.