Printed from: www.grandmotherskitchen.net
Makes: 8 1/2 cup size Servings
4 cups frozen peas, thawed and cooked for 2 minutes
3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, small cut cubes
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, small cut cubes
1/2 small red onion, cut into small pieces
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Put the peas into water bring to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes. Strain the water out. Don't overcook. Set aside to cool down while you are preparing the rest of the ingredients.
2. Cut the bacon strips into small pieces about 1/4 inch wide.
3. Place bacon into a frying pan and cook until well done and crispy. Scoop the cooked bacon bits onto a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside.
4. Chop the cheese into small cubes. You can use more or less cheese than we have indicated. Set aside.
5. Cut the onion into thin small pieces.
6. Into a mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise, onions and cheese cubes and stir to combine.
7. Stir in salt and pepper.
8. Fold in the peas about half at a time using a spatula. Combine well.
9. Fold in the bacon.
10. Refrigerate until serving.