Printed from: www.grandmotherskitchen.net
Makes: 4 servings
2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed (See recipe here - How To Freeze Corn)
1 cup cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoon all purpose flour
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish - Optional
1. Place the corn, cream, butter, salt, pepper and flour into a saucepan.
2. Turn heat to medium high and stir with a spatula while cooking.
3. Bring to a boil and cook 2-3 minutes. The sauce will thicken.
4. Transfer into serving dish.
5. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
This is by far one of the easiest ways to cream corn and it tastes delicious. Our corn was so sweet that the recipe is perfect as it is. Do a taste test while cooking and if your creamy corn does not have a delicious sweet flavor you can always add a little sugar and cook for an extra minute. Start by adding just one teaspoon, doing a taste test preparing to suit your taste.