Printed from: www.grandmotherskitchen.net
Makes: 8 biscuits
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 cup milk either whole or 2% milk
1/4 cup real mayonnaise (Do Not use lite or miracle whip)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line a 9x9 size baking dish with parchment paper.
3. Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a mixing bowl.
4. In another mixing bowl stir together the milk and mayonnaise with a whisk.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently mix together with a wooden spoon until combined.
6. Dump out onto your working area and use your hands to gently work together and roll into a fat log about 8 inches long.
7. The dough with appear textured and flaky and that is how it should look. Don't try to smooth it out.
8. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into 8 pieces. Again they will look irregular but that only adds to the beauty of the biscuits when they are baked.
9. Place the cut biscuits into the baking dish a put into the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Remove from the oven and let sit a couple of minutes then move the biscuits to a cooling rack.
11. Transfer to a serving dish.
12. They are just as tasty later at room temperature. The texture is light, fluffy and moist.
Return to this Amish Mayonnaise Biscuits recipe or check out more recipes at Grandmother's Kitchen