Printed from: www.grandmotherskitchen.net
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon fresh jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (or to taste)
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 large tomato, finely chopped
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup salmon - either smoked salmon or canned salmon (smoked salmon needs to be chopped very fine, canned salmon must be drained and mashed with a fork)
1. Blend the cream cheese with the mayonnaise.
2. Wash and chop the jalapeno pepper into very fine pieces, and if you do not want it as spicy hot,remove the seeds as they are the hottest part.
3. Cut the onion into very fine pieces.
4. Wash the tomato and cut into fine pieces.
5. Mince the garlic.
6. Stir the salmon, jalapenos, onion, tomato, garlic, chili powder and, salt into the cream cheese mixture.
7. Cover and place into the refrigerator for 2 hours to chill and so the flavors can blend in. Serve with crackers, bread or veggies.
For the Tortilla Rollups you will also need:
3 medium size soft 10-inch flour tortillas
1. Place about 1/4 cup filling into the tortilla and spread it about 3/4 of the way. Starting on the end that has filling, roll up tightly, jelly roll style. Wrap the rolled up tortilla in plastic wrap or you can use parchment paper. Refrigerate until firm.
2. Just before serving, slice into 3/4" sections and arrange onto a serving dish. Discard the ends that have no filling.