Printed from: www.grandmotherskitchen.net
Makes: 12 muffins
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornflour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup milk (you can use dairy milk or an alternative milk)
1 cup yogurt
2 Tablespoons honey
3 Tablespoons grapeseed oil (you can substitute melted butter or olive oil)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line you muffin tin with paper liners.
3. In a large measuring cup or mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt.
4. Stir together to combine.
5. Break open the eggs into another bowl and lightly beat with a fork.
6. Transfer to a larger bowl. Add the milk and yogurt to the eggs along with the oil and honey.
7. Use an electric mixer to mix the liquids together until well combined.
8. Add the wet liquids to the dry ingredients and use a spatula to stir together then use the electric mixer and beat until ingredients are combined.
9. Fill the muffins cups to 2/3rds fulls. (If you have more batter you can either put into more prepared muffin cups or you can pour the excess into a small greased baking dish)
10. Place the muffins into the preheated oven and bake for 20-30 minutes. (We baked for 30 but it depends on your oven and elevation.)
11. Test if it is done at 20 minutes by poking with a toothpick and if the tester comes out clean the muffins are ready.
12. Remove from the oven to a cooling spot. Let sit a couple minutes then gently lift the muffins onto their sides in the muffin tin and let them sit for a few minutes.
13. Remove the muffins from the tin and place onto a cooling rack.