Printed from: www.grandmotherskitchen.net
1. Soak the jar in warm soapy water and wash off any of the label you can. In the case of this label, it was stubborn and stuck on so well that water did not remove it at all.
2. Use a cotton ball and dab on a good amount of olive oil.
3. Let it sit for a few minutes to penetrate and scrape off as much as you can.
4. Repeat the process until you have cleaned the label and the sticky glue off.
5. Be patient, it will not take very long, but you will have to apply more oil as you go on the very stubborn glues.
6. Wash with warm soapy water, rinse and dry.
7. Now you have a jar that you can up-cycle into a gift jar.
8. There are many really great shapes of jars and if you want to create a really cute art room or workshop, save the jars you like the shapes of, clean off the label and get creative.