Printed from: www.grandmotherskitchen.net
Makes: 16 slices-9x9 baking dish
2 cups whipped cream ( you will need 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract)
1 small red apple washed, sliced thin and cut into smaller pieces, we used Gala
1 (398ml) can crushed or diced pineapple, we used Dole crushed pineapple packed in its own juices, strained
1 (298ml) can Mandarin orange slices, we used Native Forest organic packed in its own juices strained
Tip: Save the juice from the can for smoothies or a yummy drink.
1 cup fresh seedless green grapes, washed and sliced in half
1 cup fresh seedless red grapes, washed and sliced in half
1 cup mini marshmallows, we used Dandies brand , non GMO natural ingredients
1 cup shredded coconut, we used organic non sweetened long shred coconut
1/4 cup natural plain yogurt, we used Tree Island, natural non-sweetened organic
1/2 cup cherries, we used frozen fresh organic cherries
If you have not already, follow the instructions for Grandmother's Kitchen delicious Ambrosia Salad Recipe.
1. To freeze: Line a plastic container that has a fitted lid with parchment paper.
2. Scoop the ambrosia salad into the container and make the top smooth.
3. Put lid onto the container and freeze.
4. To serve, remove from container, because you have lined with parchment paper it will come out easily one it has defrosted for a few minutes.
5. Slice into pieces. This makes a delicious treat for your freezer.
This frozen version of Ambrosia Salad allows you to make ahead a truly delightful dessert that you can cut into thin slices and it compliments most any meal.
Return to this Icebox Ambrosia Salad recipe or check out more recipes at Grandmother's Kitchen