About this Recipe
Banana cake is a go to recipe in our kitchen. We love how easy this is to throw together. This is a very moist and delicious cake that is a perfect snack anytime of day. It is super satisfying and a nice little energy boost. Wonderful for packing in lunches or if you are going for some sporting adventure.
Grandmother's Kitchen Tips for Banana Cake Squares:
1. Use a silplat to line your baking dish if you have one. It is easy to remove and saves on parchment paper or greasing.
2. If you love chocolate chips, double up on them in the recipe.
Makes:One 9x13 pan
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 bananas, ripe but they do not need to be over ripe - about 1 1/2 cups worth
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line the baking dish with a silplat, parchment paper or grease with a little oil.
3. Measure out the flour into a large mixing bowl.
4. Add the rest of the dry ingredients, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the flour and mix on low speed to combine.
5. Mix in the chocolate chips.
6. Add the milk and egg, oil and vanilla and beat in.
7. Peel the bananas and cut into small chunks, add to the mixture and mix in until smooth.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and put into the preheated oven.
9. Baking time will be 50-60 minutes.
10.Test by poking a toothpick in the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean its done, if not put it back into the oven for a little longer.
11. When ready, remove and place the loaf pan onto a cooling rack.
Bananas are a super food that does not need to go to waste. If you find you have a few over-ripe bananas on the counter, this recipe really is quick and easy to make. It smells amazing when baking and is always moist and delicious!